Wroclaw Research Centre EIT+ is one of the first Research and Technology Organisation in Poland established in 2008, that is focused on the basic research reflecting the needs of the modern industry and development of innovations, new technologies, with the shares of 5 public Universities and the City Council. WRC EIT+ organizes and conducts interdisciplinary research in the fields of biomedicine, nanotechnology, sustainability of raw materials. WRC EIT+ is operating in creation and popularisation of knowledge, management of research infrastructures and development of innovative business based on commercialisation of the unique IP. The total budget allocated for the implementation of research projects goes beyond 50 mln EUR and development of research infrastructure exceed 140 mln. The centre manages the most comprehensive research infrastructure in the East-Central Europe (totaling more than 23,000 sq. meters of area and 11,000 sq. meters of laboratory area), which has been fitted with the state-of-the-art laboratory equipment. The scientific teams portfolios comprised of highly innovative technologies. The 62 Polish and international patent applications; European Patent Office, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Israel, and China and 16 patents granted. On the basis of Research infrastructure WRC EIT+ has introduced the service of complex sample characterisation: electron microscopy (TEM, SEM), atomated mineralogy whith QEMSCAN system, EDS analysis, in-situ observation of sample transition from -30 up to 1400ºC, high resolution 2D and 3D imaging pore network visualization with AVIZO based flow calculation, X-ray analysis, Atomic Force Microcopy (FastScan/ICON – Bruker), Porosity measurements etc. WRC EIT+ has also experience with commercialization of research based on accelerating the business models, selecting the innovative project in early-stage technology, 15 spin-off companies have been recently created.
Number of employees: 180
– determination of surface physicochemical properties, quantitative and qualitative analysis of the chemical composition of solid or powder samples (e.g: XPS, UPS, AES, XRD, SEM/EDX, TEM),
– study of corrosion catalysis adsorption and desorption processes by (e.g: XPS, HPR, TDS),
– revision or materials in case of degradation reconstruction and modification of surfaces (e.g: XPS, LEED, HPR),
– preparation, identification and analysis of new materials based on for example transition metals and rare earth metals (e.g: XPS, STM, LEED, AES, TDS),
– modification of the physicochemical properties of surfaces, interfaces and thin layers,
– elemental mapping in micro-scale (SEM) using QEMSCAN system. Ability to measure elemental distribution on the surface,
– working on particles/grains in micro-scale (SEM) using QEMSCAN system. Ability to measure grain size distribution and/or liberation of grains and/or associations between touching phases which is based on EDX method and image correlation,
– creating high-resolution maps in micro and nano-scale (SEM) using Helios NanoLab with “MAPS” software to create sample images with high magnification, stitched together into map.
Contact: Rafał Kubik Wrocławskie Centrum Badań EIT+ Sp. z o.o. Department of Nanotechnology ul. Stabłowicka 147 54-066 Wrocław (Poland) phone: +48 71 734 71 20 fax: +48 727 664 452 e-mail: email@example.com www: www.eitplus.pl