ENEA (Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development) is structured in three Departments (DTE, FSN, SSPT) and the Energy Efficiency Agency; there are 9 research centres, 5 laboratories, an EU Liaison Office located in Brussels.
The SSPT (Territorial and Production Systems Sustainability) Department is organized in 6 Divisions, structured in laboratories located at different ENEA Research Centres in Italy.
Examples of sectors of expertise:
• Sustainable development (processes, products, services)
• Renewable energy sources
• New technologies and materials
• Electric system research
• Energy efficiency • Research and innovation activities, technological transfer to industry and society.
• ENEA is member of several European Technology Platforms, Public Private Partnerships and pan-European networks (EEN, TAFTIE, ENERO, TTO Circle).
• It has a participation in 31 Italian Consortia and Companies, located through the country, especially in those districts where there is a strong concentration of SMEs and a strong demand for innovation occurs.
• Founding member of EERA; ENEA participated to 170 FP7 projects.
• The Co-Location Centre South of the KIC-EIT-RM is located at ENEA Casaccia Center.
• ENEA contributes to Italian government policies in line with EU environmental technologies action plan (ETAP) and supports the national strategy toward a green economy. ENEA support industrial competitiveness through the application of industrial ecology, symbiosis principles and ecodesign“.
– welding/laser welding of lightweight metal alloys,
– microstructural characterization of metal bulk materials, coatings and components,
– mechanical and thermal characterization of metal bulk materials, coatings and components,
– deposition of thin films and coatings,
– high-temperature sintering,
– non-destructive characterization on materials and components; research on advanced materials to detect internal defects, and identify different metallographic structures and phase transformations.
Number of employees: 2614
Contact: Eng. Giovanni Di Girolamo Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA) CASACCIA Research Center Via Anguillarese 301 00123 Rome phone: +39 (0)6 3048 1 fax: +39 (0)6 3048 4203 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www: www.enea.it