The Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals in Gliwice, Light Metals Division in Skawina (IMN- OML Skawina), which is part of the Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals Holding, was founded in 1954 and is the oldest, largest and the only one, entity acting as a research base for Polish industry of light metals and users of finished and semi-finished products made of aluminium alloys and magnesium alloys.
The activity profile of IMN – OML Skawina includes:
– basic and technological application research,
– innovation and implementation work for the Polish light metals industry,
– scientific and technical services and expertise,
– design and construction of equipment for metallurgical plants operating in the field of casting and processing of light metals,
– preparation of liquid metal for casting,
– casting of aluminium, magnesium and their alloys in ingots for further plastic working using semi-continuous (DC) and Rapid Solidification (RS) methods,
– light metals forming, such as consolidation, extrusion (direct and indirect extrusion, CRE extrusion), rolling, forging and pressing,
– manufacture of decorative, protective and hard coatings on aluminium and magnesium products,
– manufacture of new advanced materials based on environment-friendly light metals,
– waste reprocessing and disposal.
– characterization new or advanced materials
The first (the highest) category, according to the parametric assessment done by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the Institute has achieved owing to a high level of the scientific and research works, carried out by specialists in the field of non-ferrous metals.
Number of employees: 41
Turnover before tax: 25 Mio Euro
Contact: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marzena Lech-Grega Head of Physical and Chemical Analysis Laboratory Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals in Gliwice Light Metals Division in Skawina ul. Piłsudskiego 19 32-050 Skawina (Poland) phone: +48 12 276-88 60 fax: +48 12 277 88 33 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www: www.imn.skawina.pl