The Silesian University of Technology (SUT) is one of the biggest universities of technology in Poland, with more than 70-years successful tradition in education, research and development as well as cooperation with industry. Nowadays the University offers courses within over 190 specialties in 50 majors, run by 15 faculties.
Educational and research activities benefit from large number of modern lecture halls and advanced laboratories and are carried out by remarkable university staff consisting of over 1700 academic teachers including 300 professors and DSc degree holders.
SUT has also introduced dedicated courses for project coordinators, enabling them to gain knowledge of available funding schemes and rules of participation as well as external and internal procedures for project implementation. With constantly growing infrastructure and staff aiming at being an active creator of European Research Area, SUT is setting its goals at intensifying international cooperation by participating in Horizon 2020 and other research programs.
– casting of metal alloys in a laboratory scale
– determination of metals formability
– development of unconventional metal forming technologies (e.g. incremental forging with segmented punch, simultaneous compression with torsion, rolling with transverse motion of rolls)
– metallographic examination of materials (OM, STEM, FIB)
– determination of thermal conductivity
– thermomechanical low-cycle fatigue
Contact: Dr. Marek Tkocz Politechnika Śląska (Silesian University of Technology) Faculty of Materials Engineering and Metallurgy Institute of Metals Technology Krasińskiego 8 40-019 Katowice (Poland) phone: +48 32 603 44 16 e-mail: Marek.Tkocz@polsl.pl www: www..polsl.pl